Waukesha Rotary Positive Displacement Pump Universal II
The Universal 2 Series Pumps is the latest expression of this tradition. They combine 3-way mounting versatility introduced by the Universal 1 with new features that extend pump life and improve sanitary performance. Pump is available in CIP-able configurations.
PRODUCT FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Sanitary Features :
• CIP capability available. Pump body has optional internal flat body profile and will free drain with vertical ports. Optional rotor and body hub drilling provided for difficult CIP cleaning applications.
• Cover is free draining in horizontal or vertical port positions.
• Rotor/shaft connection sealed from product zone.
• Single mechanical seals standard. Optional double mechanical seals also available.
• Seal flush optional: seal areas interconnected to improve circulation and draining of seal flush fluid. Steam-In-Place also is optional.
• Stainless steel bearing frame optional on models 006 to 220.
• Aseptic design (Option)
Long-life Features :
• Up to 500 psi (34.5 bar) pressure capability.
• Special rotor nut designed for extended service without loosening.
• No bearings in the product zone.
• Larger diameter 17-4 PH shafts for greater strength and stiffness. Helps eliminate vibration; extends seal life.
• Heavy duty bearing frame (stainless steel available as an option).
• Double tapered roller bearings.
• Greased lubed bearings for positive lubrication to all bearings over entire speed, temperature and pressure range.
• Body retaining screws for maintaining mechanical seal contact during inspection.
• Extended outer seal life. A wave spring, instead of an O-ring, mechanically loads the seal.
• O-Ring on inner seal, seals on clean surface as seal moves due to wear.
• Unique mechanical seal design utilizes 3 pin stationary seal and special design shaft for rotary seal.
Installation Features :
• Bidirectional flow. Rotors, locked with belleville washers and torqued nuts, rotate securely in either direction. No more flow direction/shaft position specifications.
• Interchangeable installation dimensions with Universal 1 and Universal Lobe PD pumps. (Except for 320 and 324 sizes)
• Versatile 3-Way mounting of gear case, including vertical alignment of ports.
• Upper or lower shaft position.
• Jacketed or vented cover optional.
• Non-galling Waukesha “88” alloy rotors standard; permits running at tighter clearances and pumping a wide range of viscosities. 316L stainless steel lobe rotors also available.
• 316L stainless steel pump body and cover.
• Electro-polish of product contact surfaces, optional.
Typical product applications :
• Food and Beverage : Soups, Stews, Tomato Paste Vegetables, Dressings, Chocolate, Fats & Oils Batters, Cream Fillings, Brewery, Wort, Soft/Fruit Drinks.
• Dairy : Cream, Milk, Cheese Curd & Whey, Cottage Cheese, Yogurt.
• Pharmaceutical/Cosmetics : Pill Pastes, Syrups, Extracts, Slurries Face Creams & Lotions, Hair Styling Gels & Liquids, Dyes & Alcohols.
• Chemical/Industrial : Solvents, Paints, Fuels, Resins, Polymers & Sludges, Oil & Lubricants, Soaps.